The best bodyweight-only training can’t be categorized in simple muscular terms. It’s full-body, and this routine is no exception. You’re going to work the entire body from head to toe, giving special attention to core stability and developing those powerful, explosive fast-twitch muscle fibers.
Yes, some of these exercises are pretty hard—maybe the first one most of all—so take time if you need it, and rest as much as you need. There are some alternatives listed for the most advanced movements as well. But I still encourage you to push yourself past your comfort zone. This style of training is about exploding your expectations!
Depending on how much you rest, this workout should take you anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour. Do it 1-2 times a week, and you’ll be faster, leaner, and lighter on your feet than you thought possible.
– Explosive push-up to benches – 15 reps (alternate exercises: clapping push-up, superman push-up)
– Explosive squat – 20 reps, starting from knees on each rep
– Shoulder-to-shoulder pull-up – 5 reps per side
– Razor kick lunge – 1 set of 30 sec. per side
– Feet-elevated inverted row 1 set of 12 reps
– Feet-elevated medicine-ball push-up 1 set of 15 reps
– Ab finisher
– V-up 10 reps
– Single crossed-leg crunch 10 reps per side with foot crossed over knee of opposite straight leg
– Wide-legged crunch 10 reps
– Cross-legged crunch 10 reps per legs with legs out straight